Ornge COVID-19 Update
March 13, 2020
13 March, 2020
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to unfold, we are making the protection of Ornge staff and continuity of operations a top priority. Ornge continues to collaborate with the Ministry of Health and Public Health Ontario as the situation evolves.
In responding to COVID-19, Ornge has two primary goals:
- Keeping staff safe and healthy
- Maintaining service delivery
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 for Ornge staff, we are taking the following measures:
- All non-essential visitors and tours of Ornge locations has been suspended
- Staff are asked to reconsider non-essential travel outside of Canada
- All staff who are able have been instructed to work from home
- All non-essential business travel has been suspended
- All Continuing Medical Education, initial education classes and ride alongs have been suspended for 60 days
- Ornge’s OCC will be implementing shift splitting, using two alternate locations within its Explorer Drive office, to reduce interaction amongst staff
In addition, Ornge continues to operate the Provincial Transfer Authorization Centre (PTAC) in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and CritiCall Ontario. All patients requiring transport in the Province of Ontario are being screened prior to transport using a series of infectious disease screening questions to identify patients who may be high risk.
We will continue to work with our healthcare partners to ensure the health and safety of Ornge staff, patients and the community.